This is a really interesting article on persistent vegetative state.(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1230092/Rom-Houben-Patient-trapped-23-year-coma-conscious-along.html)
I am Pro-life, but not only on the abortion issue, but also on euthanasia. I believe that every person, not matter if they are disabled or not, is a unique creation of God. They are loved by God. They are deserving of the same chance at life as any person. Mother Teresa once said "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish" I think this can also be applied to euthanasia. It isn't our place to play God about who we should be allowed to live. He calls us to care and love those around us... not murder. PVS (persistent vegetative state) is what Terri Schiavo was diagnosed with. There is a lot of evidence out there that she was misdiagnosed. Like the article said, it isn't that uncommon for people to be misdiagnosed with PVS. Actually 40% to 60% of the time they are misdiagnosed. But the moral of the story is that even if they are in the Persistent Vegetative State it is a poverty to decide that someone must die so we can live like we want. I think every person has the unalienable right to life. I would love to hear your thoughts on euthanasia.
No comments:
Post a Comment