Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lately :)

Hey All!
I know it has been way to long since I have blogged. A good friend reminded me the other day about how little I post. So just to update you all on life so far; Debate and Speech has become my life, as many of you know. I really haven't done anything this year. My social life consists of Facebook, emails, and tournaments. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining I love my life.

In January was the kick off tournament in Medford, OR. Clarion was super awesome. I was given the ability to debate with my best friend Courtney, just for kicks and giggles. We were on the waiting list up until the week before. So to say we were not prepared would be an understatement. For both us we finished writing/memorizing speeches in the car. On top of that, the first time I read the case was in a round; thankfully that round was with two of the sweetest girls in the region. It was so weird to debate these girls, they were younger siblings to alumni debaters. Both of their siblings I debated in the “good old days.” You know you have been in the NCFCA when you debate everyone’s little siblings. We didn’t break but we went 3-3 and had a blast. God had so richly blessed me in speech, although I had bad rounds and the majority of my speeches were not memorized he allowed me to break in 4 of them. When I called my mom to tell her the news, I broke down crying, because I was so blessed that God allowed me to do well. For finals in impromptu, I was the last student, I had lots of people I knew watching, and I gave the WORST impromptu I have ever given. I was so embarrassed. But God was so good to me again, He allowed me to take 3rd. Overall I had a blast. I was able to reconnect with a lot of close friends and make new ones.

Then two weeks later I was at it again, only this time with two new speeches. With my week break I wrote an HI and wrote three IO scripts. My family was so amazing and helped me with my boards. The Wednesday before I got really sick, our case passed, my board was too top heavy, and I was physically and emotionally exhausted. Let’s just say that was one of the worst Wednesday I have ever had. Patrick and I worked on the case till midnight. The next morning the first two teams we hit was the best to in the region and my day went downhill from there. But I have the best family; they were so supportive and loving. I made it though that tournament with a smile on my face. God blessed my placing. He allowed me to do better than I ever thought.

Then the next week was off to Colorado. That Monday my debate partner dropped the tournament. So after several long phone conversations, lots of pray, and a whole lot of tears, they found me a debate partner in CO. She was a novice, so I had no idea what to expect. Sarah and I had no idea of weather we were going or not so when the decision was made that we were, we threw everything we may possible need in the car because we didn’t have time to pack. After a very long, scary drive we made it to Colorado. I got to see old friends I never thought I would see again. The tournament was in Focus on the Family, so we had awesome Christians that would come in and pray for us. We met a lot of really neat people. One of the highlights was breaking and getting the national check mark with my impromptu partner. She was a really good novice. It was totally a blessing from God. But the biggest highlight was having my grandparents come to the finals. If you have heard anything about my relationship with my grandparents you would know just how big it was for them to come. The hardest thing I have ever done was that final round with them there. I have spoken in packed rooms at the out rounds of Nationals, I have spoken in front of hundreds of people including Frank Peretti, but none of that was as hard as speaking to my grandparents. Only by the grace of God did they come. He is so good.

Then the next week I was off to Seattle. By this time I was really sick (Again). This was probably one of the worst tournaments because I was so sick. I really didn’t feel like speaking. At one point I thought I was going to pass out during my TI. But God helped me through my rounds. What made this tournament worth it were the people. I had so much fun debating with Reece. We had so many good conversations. Then during the time off and there was a lot of time off, I got to really know a lot of people. This tournament was a blast just for time I spent with people.

So now I am 24/6 prepping for the next tournament. It is really hard to stay focused. I really miss traveling and visiting people. I am in no way prepared for this next tournament, but I can’t wait to leave for it. I could really use pray just to focus on getting work done, healing because I am sick, and to in all things glorify God. I would love to hear what you all have been up to! God bless, Amie

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for sharing that:) (: I loved it and I'm glad to hear you did so well. I'll be praying for you and see you Thursday Amie:) (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amie,
    Like Kolten said...thanks for sharing, it is neat to see how God is working in your life. I have had a lot of fun getting to know you more over this last year and you have been an encouragement and blessing to min in many different areas. I'm gonna miss you next year, but I would love to keep in touch. Do you think I could get your email? Mine is hosanna.frye@gmail.com -Thanks....Hosanna

    ReplyDelete